Saturday, September 15, 2012

anne's first date

Anne Pea is now 14 years old! I can't believe my baby girl is fourteen! She is such an awesome girlie; I can't even begin to tell you how amazing she is. She has this magnetic personality. Every one loves her; she is just stunningly beautiful inside and out. I am so blessed to be the momma to this glorious creature!

King Pea and I started a small tradition in our family {I say small because we only have two girlies}. On their 14th birthdays, Dad took our girls on their first date. Like a real date with flowers, suit and tie, a fancy dress, a beautiful restaurant, dessert, jewelry...the whole nine yards. It's so neat for me to let him take over their celebration! I just get to take photos and leave the rest up to him!

The time will soon come that someone else will be taking them on dates. I don't like to think about it too often (yikes!), but I know the time is coming. They now know how they should be treated on a date; with respect and love. It doesn't have to be expensive; it's not about the money. It's about how they're treated. And they better be treated well!

For each one, we gave them a James Avery ring. Nothing super fancy or expensive. They're not necessarily purity rings; just symbols of our commitment to make them realize they are loved unconditionally by us and they deserve only the best life has to offer. It's a symbol of our hope that they stay true to themselves, respect themselves, and make good choices for themselves. Abby Pea actually considers hers a purity ring and she is proud of it. Anne Pea doesn't and that's okay. It's just her ring that her dad gave her with love. And every time she looks at it, she'll reflect on that.

I now have two little women in my house. It's a blessing, but I don't want to let them go in a few short years! Time flies when you're having fun....





Happy birthday, my darling Anne Lauren. You are loved more than you know. May God bless your life always. 




No comments:

Post a Comment