Monday, December 5, 2011

fifteen years and counting

King Pea and I are coming up on our 15th anniversary. I know, it gives me heart palpitations. I did learn from my Sweet Tina that the 15th anniversary's present is Metal Chicken. So, I now have less than nine days to find a big metal chicken! (Read the story of the chicken here. It made me laugh so hard I cried!)


He may not get a giant metal chicken, or anything for that matter. We don't usually celebrate our anniversary until February (tax refund!). We're pinching pennies this time of year! 


Wow. 15 years. I can't believe it! I was just telling Abby how we met and fell in love the other day. It seems like it was not that long ago! Yet, I feel like I've known him forever! And we still have our "young" moments. Why, just today I accidentally sent Anne a naughty text that was meant for him. Whoops! (She claims she didn't "get it!" Not buying it, however. It wasn't that naughty, I swear.)


Tonight, he made supper for the family. Chicken soft tacos (I ate black beans on mine instead of chicken. I'm a semi-vegetarian.). I think I'll keep him around for a while! 


Oh, we have our issues. We probably argue at least every other day. Don't think he's all that, ladies! 


Now, if he'll take Abby to dance tonight, pick me up some saline, and fill my car with gas, then he may just get some, à la text!

1 comment:

  1. 15 years! Wow! Where has the time gone. Love you and Jon! Here's to 50 more!

    ReplyDelete