Monday, May 27, 2013

g.g. pea

We are currently at our sweet G.G.'s house. She had a stroke on Wednesday. She can no longer eat or drink and is paralyzed on her right side. We've been enjoying the last few days with her. We unfortunately have to head home today, which is really hard for Jon. He's not wanting to leave her bedside. 

Helen and Jon have always had a special bond. He would do anything for her and vice versa! They loved to sit and talk about everything from golf to wine! I always loved skipping class with him to come visit her. No wonder I never made it through college back then! 

She is such a beautiful lady, inside and out. She always treated me like one of her own. I felt like she was my own Grandma too. I have so many memories of good times we shared. 

I will try to post more about her situation, although there is not much changing. I feel we'll be back with our family soon. Pray for Jon and the rest of the family. I know how hard this is for him, as I have been through almost the exact same thing with Nonny. I have thought of her very often during these last few days. More often than I normally do. Also, pray for G.G. of course. Pray there is no pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment