Monday, August 26, 2013

first day of school and catching up

We've had quite the eventful summer already. Good times and bad ones. Our sweet G.G. passed away on May 30. We had her service and it was simple, traditional and lovely; fitting for our G.G. It was sad of course, but we were able to share so many wonderful memories together as a family. I kept thinking the entire time we were gathered that she would love to be in the middle of it!

Anne Pea had a great summer vacation! She was in Florida with her friend Maddie and her family earlier this summer. I am so thankful they invited her along! She had such an awesome time and I just have to thank the Neu family for their hospitality and generosity! She's been babysitting and helping momma pea around the house all summer. She's been to Cloudcroft, helped her Nina Pea paint some furniture, and has been saving her money for clothes and nail care. Oh, she's a fashionista alright! She's gotten to see some friends that won't go to the same high school as her. I think she's sad about that, but high school is going to be such an awesome adventure! She's the only girlie pea I know that made it out of middle school relatively unscathed, and actually loved it! I remember I couldn't get out of junior high quickly enough!

Abby Pea got her first real job! Wahoo! She now gets to pay for some of her Marquette stuff! Especially now that she's an officer! (Apparently, that's an honor that comes with more expense!) She's working at Once Upon A Child. She likes it...most of the time! She has been busy with practice and her job all summer. So busy, it was really difficult to find time to get her license! But, last week, she became a licensed driver! I am so proud and terrified all at the same time! She's an excellent driver; it's all the other idiots out on the road that terrify me!

So, today is the first day of school. I can't believe how time is flying! The summer was so fun, yet I didn't get half the things done that I wanted to. We have only camped once (I wanted to go every weekend!), but have another trip planned this long weekend (yay for Labor Day!). I am sure I will be here to bore you with more pics of the girls throughout the school year. Football season starts up Friday!

There are some awesome things on the horizon for the girls and the family. I'll try to be better at keeping the blog up to date! I'm a slacker sometimes! :)
 

Here are some highlights!

 
Abby Pea is a junior this year!
~ This is just not possible and I have been holding the tears in all day! Sort of! A couple probably escaped! ~

 
Even more unbelievable, my baby pea is a freshman! In high school! Yes, the big one with all of the big people in it!
~ This really can't be happening! ~
 
 
Abby Pea getting her driver's license! (It was a little sunny out!)

 
Our camping trip! Sierra Pea joined us! Another sweet pea! My girls have the best friends in the world!

 
A fun one of Georgia Pea driving! We only let her drive in the parking lot! No worries! :)

 
We went to the Phillip Phillips and John Mayer concert! Phillip Phillips was awesome! John Mayer was a little disappointing! Oh well! We had fun anyway!
 
 
Anne Pea and her friend Maddie in Florida! I'm still rather jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment