Saturday, February 9, 2013

missing in action

Active, we have been. I don't think we've slowed down a bit!

Dance is heating up again. We've had practices and halftime performances until today. Our McKinney Marquettes were in a Showtime competition. They performed several pieces; won several awards. But, this was also the first time Abby has ever performed a solo! I know, right?! Hard to believe all of this dancing over the last decade and there's never been a solo! There were about fifteen solo pieces in her category, and {drum roll please}, she got first runner-up!!! We're so proud of our Abby Pea! Video here!

Abby Pea has been...um, shall we say, aggravating lately. She is having trouble passing a class. It's not that she can't do it; she just doesn't like it, so she's not working at it. Most. Frustrating. Thing. Ever! Since she's...um, stubborn...like me {I'm trying really hard to be nice right now. Can you tell?}, we tend to butt heads over...well, everything. I want to throttle her half the time! Then, she gets out in front of a crowd and dances like an angel...this momma pea just melts into a pile of mush! How can kids do that to a parent?! I have to just thank God that He gave her this amazing gift because I think it saves that poor girl's life sometimes! Shaking my head....

Anne Pea has been busy with friends and {another drum roll}, her first boyfriend! Yes, she snagged a boyfriend before her older sister did! He's a super sweet pea {better stay that way, too}! Now we have another kiddo to schedule into our busy lives, but we wouldn't have it any other way! We're already prepping for Valentine's Day. I have a feeling he'll get a better one than Jon or I will! So far, I'm handling it better than I thought I would. I've only stalked him a bit.  ;)  Jon seems to be okay, but every now and then I look at him, and I can see the dread on his face! He's probably thinking back to all those years ago when he was a freshman in high school...okay, maybe I should be terrified!

King and Queen of this crookedy castle and rulers of these Princess Peas are still hanging in there! Loving our jobs and seeing each other mostly in passing! Luckily, he's been off most Saturdays, which is a new, exciting treat for us! I am not accustomed to an entire day every week with this man. Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment