Wednesday, October 26, 2011

this is what i get....

I am always trying to be funny. My peas inform me often that I am not. I have always wanted to be though! I love to laugh (I'm called Giggle Elf at work) and I frequently try to tell funny stories and jokes at work. They typically aren't terribly funny, but I have no problem laughing at my own material. 


Yes, I giggle, heartily, when I tell my own stories. I think that alone disqualifies me from ever being a real comedienne (I shall continue to live vicariously through Tina Fey and Amy Poehler). Darn.


So, today our Facilities Manager, Vaughn Bee, brought me a shipment I ordered the other day. As he was walking toward me with the box, I said, "Oh, those must be the mouse pads I ordered. You know, those little houses for mice?" 


Except right as he arrived at my desk, about the time I said "little houses," I rammed my bare knew straight into the corner of my desk drawer. Of course, I laughed. Not at my own joke this time, but to keep myself from crying and throwing up out of sheer pain. 


Vaughn Bee laughed. I'm still not sure if it's because of my joke or my clumsiness. That's what I get for trying to be funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment